This is an interactive video to help medical specialists, parents and caregivers keep children safe from button battery related injuries. 

Inside small devices may be powerful coin-sized batteries. When a child swallows or inserts a button battery in the nose or ears, it can get stuck in the throat or in the nose or ear canal. Saliva triggers an electrical current causing severe burns and tissue damage within 2 hours. This results in serious injury that may require surgery, or even the death of a child. 

Small children often have easy access to coin-sized batteries and devices that have them, and many parents do not know there is a risk.

Join the partnership.

The Battery Controlled is a partnership to raise awareness about this issue and share information with parents, caregivers, manufacturers, retailers and the medical community. This effort is committed to helping parents prevent children from swallowing coin-sized button batteries.

Join The Battery Controlled partnership now and help prevent button battery related child injury and death

Register here.